Procedure to get a Domicile Certificate
A Domicile Certificate is an essential document that proves that a person is an inhabitant or a permanent resident of the state. This certificate can only be made in one place.
Where to get forms
Visit the nearest district court where there are many people (Form Sellers) sitting outside in the courtyard. You can get a form from them or directly purchase a blank form for domicile and Challan form 32 A for Rs 20 from a shop outside the court. Fill up the form with all requisite details (Applicant Name, Father Name, Date, age, Tehsil, District), etc. and fill challan form 32 A. Deposit Rs 200 in the National Bank and provide an affidavit from parents as proof of residence (if required). All documents must be attested from Notary Public Officer.
Checklist of Documents
- The prescribed application must be duly signed and attested
- Copy Paid challan form
- 2 pictures passport size
- Copy of metric Certificate
- Attested Copy of C.N.I.C.
- Parents C.N.I, C.
- Form B for a person under 18 years of age
- In case a person is illiterate attached birth certificate must be attested.
Where to submit
- The file will be submitted to the concerned officer for examination in the DC office.
- After examination, the case will be put for the commissioner’s signature.
- Commissioner will issue the certificate after getting from the patwari and the Police station.
- Finally, you can take it from the concerned office within 5-7 working days.
e-Domicile workflow process